Ryan Watkins – Employment Lawyer Ontario
Ryan Watkins is a lawyer who knows the law. In law school Ryan was awarded numerous awards and scholarships, including, the Advocacy Certificate of Excellence for Outstanding Performance in Oral Argument, the CALI Award and the Edwin A. Heafey Law Scholarship. Ryan was also selected to be an editor of the prestigious Santa Clara Law Review. His article, “The Political Implications of 527 Organizations Necessitate Reform”, was one of a select few that was chosen to be published in the Santa Clara Law Review Journal.
Ryan has taken that same drive for excellence that he achieved in law school and has applied it to his legal career. Ryan has been successful on a number of cases including:
- Chapman v. GPM Investment Management,
- Terradyne Construction Management Ltd. v. 6832458 Canada Inc., 2015 ONCA 1495 –
- Hall v. Jones DesLauriers Insurance Management Inc., 2015 ONSC 1438 –
- Naeem Alarakhia v. Ashley Park Operations Corporation – successfully defended an employer in a wrongful dismissal action.
- Argen Canada LLC v. Nigel Roberts –
In his employment law practice, Ryan frequently advises both employers and employees on a wide-variety of matters, including: occupational health and safety, workers’ compensation, human rights and wrongful/constructive dismissal claims. In addition, Ryan’s labour practice focuses on labour arbitrations and grievances.
Ryan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-640-2667.