Workplace Discrimination is adverse or differential treatment due to your personal characteristics such as:
- Ethnic origin;
- Sexual orientation,
- Age; and
Ontario employers are legally required to ensure that employees are not treated differently at work as a result of any of these factors. Unfortunately, not all employers understand workplace discrimination law and some employers may not wish to follow it. This is where Whitten & Lublin, Canada Employment Lawyers across Ontario(including Brampton, Hamilton, London, Markham, Mississauga, Oakville, Ottawa, Richmond Hill, and Vaughan) can help. Our team of lawyers address all forms of workplace discrimination including the following common complaints:
- Are you being treated differently because of a disability?
- Did your employer terminate your employment during your maternity leave?
- Is your employer treating you differently because of your age?
- Were you sexually harassed or bullied?
- Were you refused a job offer or promotion because of your religion or colour?
- Have other coworkers harassed or bullied you because of your sexual orientation, colour or religious beliefs?
- Have clients or coworkers made comments to you or in front of you that offend you because of your race, colour or religion?
In any of these situations, it’s important that you take action. Doing nothing simply reinforces the notion that you can be treated differently, against the law.
Whitten & Lublin Canada Employment Lawyers have handled countless workplace discrimination matters both for provincially regulated or federally regulated employees. The bottom line is that we achieve results. Take action now to put an end to workplace discrimination and contact us today by phone at 1 (866) 575-3055 or (416) 507-6592 or online.